WHAT DO CANDIDATES NEED TO DO TO BE AWARDED THE BSC DEGREE?
To be awarded the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting candidates must:
- successfully complete all nine Fundamentals level papers
- complete the ACCA Professional Ethics module
- complete and pass the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project
- To submit the Research and Analysis Project in the May and November submission periods, candidates can refer to RAP submission dates.
The degree must be completed within 10 years of candidates’ initial registration onto ACCA’s professional qualification.
Candidates are advised to log on to myACCA, to find out if candidates have opted in to the degree scheme and whether candidates are eligible to do so.
WHY ARE CANDIDATES NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE OXFORD BROOKES DEGREE PROGRAMME?
If candidates are not eligible for the degree programme, then it will be for one of the following reasons:
Candidates ticked the box on your ACCA registration form stating you did not wish to join the Oxford Brookes University degree programme.
- If candidates are yet to complete Papers F7, F8 and F9, candidates may opt back in to the BSc degree by contacting ACCA Connect.
- If candidates have already passed any of Papers F7, F8 or F9, then unfortunately it is now too late to opt back into the degree programme.
- If candidates hold exemptions for any of Papers F7 to F9, then candidates may contact ACCA Connect to forfeit these in order to remain eligible. Once candidates have forfeited their exemption, they cannot reverse this decision.
Candidates do not hold a suitable English language qualification.
- Oxford Brookes University deems Paper F4 as proof of English proficiency. Therefore candidates should complete this exam and opt in to the BSc degree before passing Papers F7 to F9.
Candidates enrolled with ACCA over 10 years ago.
- The BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting degree has a 10-year deadline starting from a student’s initial registration date with ACCA. If this has expired in this case, candidates are no longer eligible to complete the degree with us.
CAN I APPLY FOR OXFORD BROOKES AFTER CANDIDATES HAVE REGISTERED?
Students can opt in to the Oxford Brookes BSc degree after they have registered. However, they must do so before attempting papers F7, F8 and F9.
HOW WILL THEY BE ABLE TO WORK OUT OXFORD BROOKES DEGREE CLASSIFICATION?
The BSc degree classification will be based on both:
- the ACCA average mark determined from the exam marks in the Fundamentals Skills papers (F4–F9)
- the grade achieved for the Research and Analysis Project.
The ACCA average mark will be calculated by taking the numerical average of the marks achieved in the Fundamentals Skills papers (F4–F9) that candidates have sat and passed.
Where the calculated average mark is not a whole number, the calculated average will be rounded up or down accordingly. If candidates have been given an exemption from any of the three papers F4–F6, no mark is available and so will not be included in the calculation of the ACCA average mark.
The class of degree for each combination of ACCA average mark and Research and Analysis Project grade is shown below.
CLASS OF DEGREE
|ACCA average mark||First||Upper Second||Lower Second||Third|
|68 or more||A, B, C||–||–||–|
|60-65||–||A, B, C||–||–|
|54-57||–||–||A, B, C||–|
|50-52||–||–||–||A, B, C|